Calculate energy loss in dollars
The Fluke 434 II Energy Analyzer is the ideal tool for energy logging. Utilizing the new Energy Loss Calculator function, the 434 II measures the fiscal cost of energy wasted due to poor power quality. This energy monetization capability allows you to identify the most energy-wasteful areas of your facility so you can determine potential energy saving solutions. Add basic power quality measurements to the package and you’re got yourself one powerful troubleshooting tool.
- Energy monetization – calculate the fiscal cost of energy waste due to poor power quality
- Energy assessment – quantify the before and after installation improvements in energy consumption to justify energy saving devices
- Frontline troubleshooting – quickly diagnose problems on-screen to get your operation back online
- Predictive maintenance – detect and prevent power quality issues before they cause downtime
- Long-term analysis – uncover hard-to-find or intermittent issues
- Load studies – verify electrical system capacity before adding loads
- Energy loss calculator: Classic active and reactive power measurements, unbalance and harmonic power, are quantified to pinpoint the fiscal costs of energy losses.
- Troubleshoot real-time: Analyze the trends using the cursors and zoom tools.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance.
- Measure all three phases and neutral: With included four flexible current probes with enhanced thin flex design to fit into the tightest places.
- Automatic trending: Every measurement is always automatically recorded, without any set-up.
- System-monitor: Ten power quality parameters on one screen according to EN50160 power quality standard.
- Logger function: Configure for any test condition with memory for up to 600 parameters at user defined intervals.
- View graphs and generate reports: With included analysis software.
- Battery life: Seven hours operating time per charge on Li-ion battery pack.
|Power inverter efficiency |
Power inverters take DC current and transform it into AC current, or vice versa. Solar generation systems usually include an inverter that takes the DC energy from the solar cells and converts it to useful AC power. Inverters can lose performance over time and need to be checked. By comparing the input power with the output power you can determine the system efficiency. The 430 series II can measure the efficiency of such inverters by simultaneously measuring the DC and AC power of a system to determine how much power is lost in the conversion process.
|Unified Power Measurement |
Fluke’s patented Unified Power Measurement system (UPM) provides the most comprehensive view of power available, measure:
These UPM calculations are used to quantify the fiscal cost of energy loss caused by power quality issues. The calculations are computed, along with other facility-specific information, by an Energy Loss Calculator that ultimately determines how much money a facility loses due to wasted energy.
|AutoTrend – Quickly see the trend |
Unique AutoTrend gives you fast insight into changes over time. Every displayed reading is automatically and continuously recorded without having to set up threshold levels or having to manually start the process. You can quickly view trends in voltage, current, frequency, power, harmonics or flicker on all three phases plus neutral.
|SystemMonitor – Check performance against EN50160 with ease|
With a single push of a button, the unique System-Monitor gives you an overview of power system performance, and checks the compliance of incoming power to EN50160 limits or to your own custom specifications. The overview is shown on a single screen, with color-coded bars clearly indicating which parameters fall outside the limits.
|The System-Monitor overview screen gives instant insight into whether the voltage, harmonics, flicker, frequency and the number of dips and swells fall outside the set limits. A detailed list is given of all events falling outside the set limits.|
|Logging function allows you to |
customize measurement selections
and provides instantaneous analysis of user-selectable parameters.
|Measure and record power (W), VA and VARs, PF and energy consumption.||Track harmonics up to the 50th, and |
measure and record THD in accordance with IEC61000-4-7 requirements