The new Fluke-438-II Power Quality and Motor Analysis adds key electric motor mechanical measurements to the Fluke-430-II Series Power Quality Analyzers. An electric motor converts electrical energy into rotational forces that is used to drive critical industrial rotating machines like pumps, compressors and fans. By analyzing the input power the Fluke-438-II can calculate the mechanical forces transferred to the mechanical load, without having to use an inline force transducer.
The ideal portable motor analysis test tool, the 438-II can help locate, predict, prevent, and troubleshoot power quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power distribution systems, while giving technicians the mechanical and electrical information they need to effectively evaluate motor performance.
- Measure key parameters on direct-on-line motors including torque, RPM, mechanical power and motor efficiency
- Perform dynamic motor analysis by plotting of motor derating factor against load according to NEMA/IEC guidelines
- Calculate mechanical power and efficiency without the need of mechanical sensors, just connect to the input conductors and you’re ready to go
- Measure electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance
- PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, and shows half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Waveform capture function captures 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each event detected event, in all modes, without set-up
- Automatic transient mode captures waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6 kV
- Fluke Connect® compatible* – view data locally on the instrument, via Fluke Connect mobile app and PowerLog 430-II desktop software
- Safety rated for industrial applications 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream