A modern alternative to the traditional deadweight tester
E-DWT-H breaks new ground, improving the hydraulic pressure calibration process. E-DWT-H is an electronic calibrator designed to replace mechanical, piston-cylinder and weight based deadweight testers. It’s a lighter, easier-to-use deadweight tester alternative that is at home in the lab or instrument shop, as well as in the field performing in-situ calibrations and tests. This complete hydraulic pressure calibration system combines the convenience and precision of continuous, realtime electronic pressure measurement with the simple and direct operation of high quality operator controlled pressure generation hardware. E-DWT-H one year measurement uncertainty is ± 0.02 % of reading with ranges up to 30,000 psi. It can be configured to provide this uncertainty from its full scale down to 1 % of its range. Built-in pressure generation and control hardware allow the operator to fill and prime the system under test and generate and precisely adjust pressure throughout the range with ease.
Broad workload coverage
The E-DWT-H has the operational versatility to calibrate and test a broad range of pressure measuring instruments including:
- Analog gauges
AutoTest™ lets E-DWT operators quickly define test points and adjust all of the range-dependent settings with a single function.
The resolution and stability test used by the RPM4-E-DWT are set according to the range of the device under test. The upper limit setting is also set and provides range-based warnings and overpressure protection. While running AutoTests, the operator is prompted to set each sequential test point and test data is stored in the RPM4-E-DWT for recall or download. Typical test setup is quick and easy, but more complex tests can also be stored and reused.
Deadweight tester performance with digital measurement convenience
E-DWT-H offers precision, low measurement uncertainty and the stability over time of a conventional deadweight tester without the inconveniences associated with the piston-cylinders, weights, hand pumps, and interconnecting plumbing.
- No weights to load and unload or regularly send out for calibration
- No need to know and correct for local gravity or ambient temperature
- No piston-cylinder changes; switch Q-RPT ranges in seconds
- Not sensitive to level or vibration
- Able to set and read any pressure value exactly, no minimum increment limited by smallest available masses
- Operates in any unit of measure while deadweight tester is typically limited to the pressure unit stamped on the mass
- Perfect for applications that require setting a nominal pressure precisely on the device under test and measuring it, such as analog gauge calibration
- On-board, AutoTest calibration routines and data acquisition
- Interfaceable with a PC or laptop to allow for automated data acquisition
- Two year calibration interval supported at measurement uncertainty of ± 0.025% of reading.
- Easily recalibrated without crossfloating. Automated calibration of E-DWT-H is possible using COMPASS® for Pressure software.
Versatility to cover a broad workload in a variety of environments
The E-DWT-H is at home in metrology and calibration labs, on the production floor or in the field. It operates with Sebacate calibration fluid, mineral oil, Skydrol® and other liquids. An optional battery/charger pack supports up to eight hours of operation away from line power.
All the features you expect in today’s state-of-the-art instruments, including:
Accuracy and performance
- One-year measurement uncertainty is ± 0.02% of reading from 10% to 100% with one Q-RPT, and from 1% to 100% with two Q-RPTs
- Low torque variable volume allows for pressure generation up to 200 MPa (30,000 psi) with minimal physical effort
- Separate fine adjustment tool for maximum, superfine control resolution
- User defined resolution and ready limits enable user to optimize performance based on DUT specifications
- High pressure isolation valve and pressure relief valve protect the low pressure reference transducer from over pressure when high pressure reference transducer is active
Ease of use
- AutoRange feature optimizes measurement and safety features for the specific range of the instrument being calibrated
- Simple rezeroing while vented at atmospheric pressure
- Simple, objective pressure “ready/not ready” indicator with user adjustable criteria to ensure repeatable results among operators
- Not dependent on local gravity or ambient temperature
- Sets and reads any pressure value directly in any unit of measure, without moving weights
- Built-in priming system to fill system with test fluid and purge unwanted air to assure smooth operation
- Optional foot switch accessory allows hands-free data collection when running AutoTests
- Rechargeable battery pack option for eight hours of field operation
- Everything to set, adjust and read pressure in one compact, transportable package
- Optional shipping/carrying case with handles and wheels allows for easy transport to field application
- Proven rugged and weatherproof design with room for accessories.
- RS232 interface allows for real time automated data collection and customized report generation using DHI’s COMPASS® for Pressure calibration software
- Flash memory for simple and free embedded software upgrades from
Automate data collection and manage calibration assets with COMPASS® for Pressure software
E-DWT can run stand-alone tests and collect test data. Test data can be downloaded over the RPM4-E-DWT’s RS232 interface.
The RPM4-E-DWT’s RS232 interface can also be used to run the E-DWT with COMPASS® for Pressure software or user developed software.
COMPASS® for Pressure software is universal pressure calibration software for the laboratory, which can be used to run simple or complex tests with multiple instruments. The user can create his/her own calibration report, and data can be exported to Fluke MET/CAL® Plus Calibration Management Software.
The support you need, when you need it
DHI’s calibration, testing and repair services are dedicated to satisfying your needs quickly and at a fair cost while maintaining the unmatched level of quality that is our trademark.
DHI’s calibration laboratories are accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for conformance to ISO Guide 17025.
As a Fluke company, DHI has access to global calibration and repair facilities to keep your hardware in top working order.
If you need training for yourself or your staff, DHI offers a broad range of classes including: the principles and practices of pressure calibration, advanced pressure metrology, gas flow calibration using a DHI molbloc/molbox system, set up and operation of COMPASS® for Pressure calibration assistance software, and much more.
Fluke’s commitment to support provides additional benefits as well, including invitations to software user group meetings and conferences, periodic email bulletins and a pressure and flow newsletter.