The Portasonic® 2.FL0 handheld ultrasonic transit time flow meter has been tested and calibrated at an ISO 17025 laboratory, capable of meeting accuracies of +/- 0.5% of the true flow rate. We strive to offer the highest quality instruments, built with exceptional quality materials in the UK and remain competitively priced in the market worldwide through our unique R&D position.
The different types of flow measured by the Portasonic 2.FL0 are:
- Volumetric Flow Rate: such as litres per hour (l/h) or gallons per minute (gpm) etc.
- Mass Flow Rate: such as kilograms per hour (kg/h) etc.
- Heat or Energy Flow Rate: such as kilowatt hour (kWh) or British Thermal Unit (BTU)
All measured values can be individually totalised giving you the total flow rate that has been measured during a particular measurement session.
Some of the key advantages of Portasonic 2.FL0 over our competitors:
- BUILD QUALITY: Our ultrasonic flow sensors are made using a special composite material to optimise ultrasound transmission.
- BUILT-IN OSCILLOSCOPE: All units come with built-in oscilloscope for signal diagnostics that assists you in performing a reliable measurement as part of the setting up process
- INTEGRATED THICKNESS GAUGE: Integrated ultrasonic thickness gauge allows you to perform simple NDT testing (ultrasonic thickness gauging) on the wall thickness of your pipe to determine wall thickness and look for signs of corrosion.
- ISO 17025 CALIBRATION: Option to include ISO 17025 calibration certificate to verify the accuracy of your unit, we work closely with an established ISO 17025 flow laboratory in the UK to ensure our equipment meets your requirements
Some of our main specifications (please see technical specifications below for full breakdown):
- Works on pipes DN15 – DN 2500
- Works on most clean liquids
- Works on a wide range of pipe materials
- Accurate to +/- 0.5% under ideal conditions
- Measures flow velocities between 0.01 m/s – 25m/s
- Resolution of 0.25mm/s
- Repeatability of 0.15% of measured value
- Main units rated IP65
- Sensors rated IP66
- Sensors temperature range -20°C to +150°C
- Battery life up to 12 hours continuous use on a standard 9V PP3 battery for easy replacement
Main benefits of choosing non-invasive ultrasonic transit time technology over inline flow measurement technology:
- Clamp on, portable and non-invasive which allows a single instrument to be used across multiple different pipes / pipe sections
- No installation costs such as drilling into pipes, therefore no downtime to the pipe network is present
- As there is no contact with the fluid being measured, there is no risk of pressure loss throughout your pipe network
- As with above, the fluid cannot damage the flowmeter, which could contribute to a longer lifespan and lower maintenance cost compared to inline flowmeters which are in contact with the fluid and risk being damaged by the pressurised flowing fluid