The Portatank® ultrasonic tank liquid level indicator is a portable and non-invasive instrument to locate liquid levels through external side walls of your tanks – therefore, no drilling or tank opening is required, thus no downtime. The Portatank® is different to conventional ultrasonic tank level gauges which need to be inserted from the tank top and performs the level measurement top-down.
We strive to offer the highest quality instruments, built with exceptional quality materials in the UK and remain competitively priced in the market worldwide through our unique R&D position.
The Portatank® is suited to a wide range of applications and has a broad specification:
- Works on tanks as small as 0.5 metres to 15+ metres
- Works on tanks with different wall materials (metals, plastics, glass etc.) and wall thicknesses from 0.5mm – 20mm
- Works on virtually all types liquids – it can be measured as long as it is in a liquid state!
- Accuracy of +/- 10mm, more accurate than conventional sight glass or float level gauges
- Single LED light indication – for a clear YES / NO indication of liquid
- Powered using 4 x AA batteries for convenience and easy replacement
- Advanced diagnostics available through a supplementary handheld oscilloscope which is included with each instrument for calibrating the sensor to the tank being tested for maximum accuracy and assist in troubleshooting
The Portatank® is an ideal instrument to locate liquid levels in tanks which do not have existing methods of locating the liquid level. It is a highly accurate replacement to traditional level gauges such as sight glasses or float level gauges without needing to make any changes to the tank. It is also a complementary instrument to tanks with built-in fixed level indicators in order to periodically verify the accuracy of their measurements.
Being a portable instrument, it allows one instrument to be used across multiple tanks on the same site and requires only a single operator and no installation costs. It is also a suitable “interim” instrument for detecting liquid level in tanks undergoing maintenance or re-fitting of their built-in level gauges.
The Portatank® is well suited to a wide range of applications. Recent customers have purchased the instrument for some of the following applications: testing levels of water in water tanks, testing oil levels in transformers and ring main units (RMU), testing large clean agent fire suppression cylinders and so on.