Quartz reference pressure transducer (Q-RPT) modules
PPCH’s outstanding pressure measurement specifications are made possible by Fluke Calibration’s exclusive quartz reference pressure transducer (Q-RPT) modules.
Q-RPTs measure pressure by measuring the change in the natural oscillating frequency of a quartz crystal with pressure induced stress. To be qualified for use in a Q-RPT module, each transducer is individually evaluated and characterized using automated primary pressure standards. Only transducers exhibiting required levels of linearity, repeatability and stability are selected. A proprietary compensation model, derived from more than 15 years experience with thousands of quartz pressure transducers, is applied to optimize the metrological characteristics needed in a transfer standard.
PPCH can be delivered with a low cost utility sensor for applications in which the high precision and stability of a Q-RPT are not required.
Q-RPTs available for PPCH
|Q-RPT Designation||SI Version Maximum Range
Absolute Gauge (MPa)
|US Version Maximum
Range AbsoluteGauge (psi)
1. Hi Q-RPT only, not available in Lo Q-RPT position.
Infinite Ranging™ and autoRange™
There is a lot more to covering a wide range of test devices with a single pressure controller than “% of reading” measurement uncertainty.
In addition to the necessary measurement uncertainty, PPCH offers the full pressure control and feature adaptability that are needed for true rangeability in test and calibration applications. Infinite ranging gives PPCH unprecedented versatility in adapting to a wide variety of devices to be tested. With the easy to use AutoRange function, a few simple key strokes or a single remote command string at the start of a test adapts every feature of the controller to optimize it for a specific range.
A PPCH controller can be configured with up to four Q-RPT modules. These can be internal or external to the PPCH controller. External Q-RPTs are in RPM4™ Reference Pressure Monitors. The RPM4’s Q-RPTs then become part of the PPCH system and are managed by PPCH. External Q-RPTs must be disconnected or protected by valves when PPCH is used at pressure greater than the external Q-RPT range. Examples of possible PPCH system configurations include:
- A PPCH with one or two built-in Q-RPTs to act as a stand alone, “one box” controller/calibrator package.
- A PPCH with no internal Q-RPTs and an external Q-RPT to configure a system whose reference pressure measurement is remote from the controller. This configuration is ideal when it is advantageous for the reference to be removed from the system (e.g. for recalibration) while leaving the controller installed or to locate the reference measurement in closer proximity to the device or system under test.
- A PPCH with no built-in Q-RPTs to act as a low cost automated pressure setting and controlling device (for example to automate pressure control in a PG7000™ piston gauge system).
Features, features, features
PPCH includes all the features you expect in today’s state-of-the-art instruments and much more:
- Pressure “ready/not ready” indicator with user adjustable criteria
- Intelligent AutoZero™ function
- 16 SI and US pressure units
- Automatic fluid pressure head correction
- On-board, programmable calibration sequences with DUT tolerance testing
- Remote [ENTER] footswitch for hands free test execution
- Valve drivers option for system design
- Automated leak testing routines
- RS-232 and IEEE- 488 communications
- FLASH memory for simple and free embedded software upgrades