The 87V MAX contains all the trusted features of the most popular digital multimeter used today, the Fluke 87V, and then some. From wet, dusty or dark environments to long days, the 87V MAX was designed to help you finish the most on a work site. It features a unique function for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable frequency motor drives (VFDs) and other electrically noisy equipment; using true-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals.
Fluke’s most rugged digital multimeter
The 87V MAX is built with an IP67 rated, industrial-strength case and a removable holster. The holster doubles as a test probe holder for easier, one-handed operation. This meter is fully waterproof and dust proof keep working reliably no matter where your job takes you.
4-meter Drop tested
- Industrial-strength is no joke, the meter is designed to survive drops up to 4-meters (13 feet).
Withstands hot and cold environments
- Rely on accurate measurements with the extended operating temperature range of -40 °C (for up to 20 minutes) to +55 °C.
The large display digits and 2-level bright, white backlight and backlit keypad buttons make for increased visibility. Along with the high resolution 19,999 count display mode allows you to read measurements easily in any work environment. This multimeter will run for up to 800 hours of battery life and offers measurement capabilities
- up to 1000 V ac and dc and up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds),
- frequency to 200 kHz
- min/max/average recording, plus 250 μs Peak min-max to capture variations automatically or
- use the built-in thermometer.
Comparison – 87V MAX and 87V
|87V MAX||87 V|
|IP Rating||IP 67||IP 30|
|Battery life||800 hours||400 hours|
|Drop test||4 meters||3 meters|
|TwistGuard™ test leads||Yes||No|
|Basic dc accuracy||0.05%||0.05%|
|Voltage ac/dc||1000 V||1000 V|
|Current ac/dc||10 A||10 A|
|Resistance||50 MΩ||50 MΩ|
|EN61010-1 CAT III||1000 V||1000 V|
|EN61010-1 CAT IV||600 V||600 V|
|Warranty (years)||Limited lifetime||Limited lifetime|
What’s in the box:
- Fluke 87V MAX True-rms Digital Multimeter
- TL175 TwistGuard® test leads
- AC175 Alligator clips
- 80BK-A temperature probe
- Removable holster with test lead storage
- Three AA batteries (installed)