The FP Food Pro Infrared Thermometer offers quick temperature checks for all food applications. Target illumination shows measurement area so user can move closer for more accurate readings.
HACCP temperature danger zones indicated with clear safe/unsafe LED warnings:
- Green – temperatures are within safety guidelines and outside danger zone
- Red – warning – temperatures are inside the HACCP danger zone and potentially unsafe – HACCP danger zone set at +4°C to +60°C/ +40°F to +140°F
- Instant, non-contact readings can reduce product wastage, chance of cross contamination and staff time carrying out checks
- 7 second display hold with auto switch off
- Infrared Temperature Range: -30°C to +200°C / -25°F to +400°F
- Working Range: 12mm to 300mm / 0.5in to 12in
- Emissivity: Pre-set for food service applications
Food business need to conduct a hazard analysis of their food operations and implement suitable and sufficient controls to eliminate the risks posed by identified hazards. They will need a fully documented food safety management system based on HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) principles.
Whilst Infrared Thermometers are a fast and safe way of taking surface temperature measurements, greater accuracy can be achieved with certain foodstuffs by stirring, mixing or bringing food from the bottom or center of the product to the surface, wherever practical. With liquid foodstuffs like sauces and soups for example, a sample of the liquid should be brought from the bottom of the container before using the KM814FS Infrared Food Thermometer with Laser Sighting to take a temperature measurement. For semi-solid foodstuffs simply use a clean spoon or similar utensil create an opening in the center of the material and use the laser sighting to target the food inside.