The DT400Y Pocket Thermometer With Thin Tip Probe has a large easy-to-read LCD display located on the top of the instrument.
The DT400Y is waterproof , with Biocote Antimicrobial Protection thermometer and durable enough to use for checking the final rinse cycle temperature of commercial dishwashers.
- Field Calibratable
- Data Hold Function
- Auto Switch-Off
- Low Battery Indicator
- BioCote Antimicrobial Protection
- NSF Listed
- Temperature Measurement Range -58°F to 400°F / -50°C to 200°C
- Accurate to ±2°F / ±1°C -4°F to +176°F / -20°C to 80°C
- 1.5mm Thin Tip Probe
- Water Resistant
Press the ON/OFF button to start or stop operation of the DT400Y. The unit will automatically power off after 35 minutes to save battery life. Press the °C/°F button to select Fahrenheit or Celsius scale.
MAX Temperature: Press the MAX button to display the maximum temperature recorded. To remove the MAX reading from the memory, press the MAX button and the ON/OFF button at the same time for 2 seconds to return the unit to current temperature display.
Data Hold: To hold a displayed reading, press the D-H button. D-H will show in the top right hand corner of the screen while data hold is in operation. Press the button again to return to normal operation.
Battery Removal: Use a screwdriver blade or coin to turn the battery cover counter clockwise for removal. Replace the 1.5V LR44 battery and turn the cover clockwise until tight.
- We only recommend calibrating the DT400Y in a slush ice solution – that’s 60% crushed ice and 40% tap water – or a water bath if you have one
- Place the probe of the DT400Y into the slush ice solution until at least half of it’s stem/shaft is submerged
- Wait a moment or two for the reading to stabilize – usually a couple of degrees of the freezing point
- Press and hold the CAL button for 8 seconds until the word CAL is displayed
- Remove the probe and continue to use as normal