The PDT300 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer with Thin Tip Probe is a pen-style thermometer, supplied with a protective case for transportation and safe storage. It is slim and fits flat in your pocket.
There is a hold feature on the thermometer which enables the user to temporarily fix the reading the screen while they note a measurement.
The 1.5mm thin tip on the waterproof PDT300 makes it an ideal digital cooking thermometer.
You have to start somewhere and in some ways the PDT300 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer, from Comark, was our first. Certainly it is the benchmark for Pocket Digital Thermometers, including our own. The PDT300 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer is one of the world’s best-selling thermometers. Designed with a handy pocket clip and with all the features you’d expect to find in a full sized instrument, it makes a great entry-level thermometer for chefs and home users alike. You won’t go far wrong with a PDT300 in your top pocket!
- Stepped FDA Compliant 1.5mm thin tip probe for faster response
- Thermistor accuracy meets all food regulations
- Displays Temperatures in Centigrade or Fahrenheit Scale
- Auto switch off feature to preserve battery
- Biocote Antimicrobial Protection
- Auto Power Off
- Data Hold
- Thin tip probe for fast response
- Easy-to-read LCD readout
- Has on/off button
- 3″ stainless steel stem
- Storage sheath with clip
- 1.5 volt battery included
Press the «ON/OFF» button to start or stop operation. The unit will automatically power off after 35 minutes. Low Battery is indicated by «LOB» blinking alternately with a reading. Replace the (1.5V LR44) battery immediately.
Changing °F to °C
With the unit “off” hold the «ON/OFF» button and the display will alternate between °F and °C. Release the «ON/OFF» button when the desired mode is displayed.
Holding the Current Temperature
To hold a displayed reading, press the «D-H» (data hold) button. The reading will flash when the D-H is in operation. Press the «D-H» button again to return to normal operation.
Use a coin to open the case. Replace with a (1.5V LR44) battery and re-seat the case.
Field Calibration Procedures
1. The PDT300 is only calibratable in a slush ice solution (60% crushed ice and 40% tap water) or a water bath. Do not attempt to calibrate in any other manner
2. Immerse the stem of the thermometer to at least 1/2 length in the slush ice solution
3. Wait for the reading to become stable (usually ±2° of 32°F or ±1° of 0°C)
4. Press and hold the D-H button for 8 seconds to begin calibration
5. CAL will be displayed for two seconds and calibration at 32°F/0°C is completed
6. Remove the thermometer from the ice water and continue to take measurements
Note: CAL will be displayed any time the D-H key is pressed for 8 seconds, but the thermometer will not be re-calibrated unless the tip is inserted in ice water