Smart Control Valve Testing is now easier than ever
The Fluke 710 Valve Testing Loop Calibrator is designed to enable users to perform quick, easy tests on HART smart control valves. Featuring built-in test procedures and an intuitive user interface, the 710 allows users to quickly and easily perform valve tests, while the valve test quick-check results provide at-a-glance diagnostics help you make maintenance decisions faster than ever. The valve health quick-check results let you know whether your valve is in good, marginal or in bad operating condition so you can quickly decide whether additional maintenance is necessary.
Valve testing and HART communication in a precision loop calibrator
With the 710 Valve Testing Loop Calibrator’s built in HART communication function, users can source a 4-20 mA signal to cause the smart control valve to move, while simultaneously interpreting the valve’s HART feedback signal to determine whether the valve is moving to the expected position. In addition to positional information, the measured pressure delivered from the valve’s internal I/P (which moves the valve) can be determined through the HART communication protocol.
The 710 has built-in test procedures that automatically increase and change the mA signal while monitoring the HART position and pressure feedback from the control valve, giving you a better overall picture of valve health at the simple push of a button.
Pre-configured valve tests, at-a-glance answers
- Valve test procedures that deliver Good, Marginal or Bad assessment of a control valve
- Generic HART communication
- Best-in-class mA accuracy at 0.01 % measurement or source value
- Compact rugged design
- Intuitive user interface with Quick-Set knob for fast setup, easy to use
- 24 V DC loop power with mA measure mode (-25 % to 125 %)
- Resolution of 1 μA on mA ranges and 1 mV on voltages ranges
- Built in selectable 250 Ω resistor for HART communications
- Simple two wire connection for all measurements
- Auto shutdown to conserve battery life
- Variable step and ramp time in seconds
The Fluke 710 offers a built-in HART modem to communicate the following HART commands:
- Read sensor PV information
- Read PV output information
- Read and write PV unit type, tag ID name, descriptor, and message
- Read and write PV ranges (upper and lower)
- Enter/exit fixed current mode
- Set zero offset
- Trim DAC zero (mA output 4 mA)
- Trim DAC gain (mA output 20 mA)
HART Commands for Valves
The 710 includes these unique HART commands to support control valves:
- Autotrim of valve controller
In addition, the Fluke 710 offers:
- Logging of HART data in the field. Once recorded by the 710 in the field, the ValveTrack™ software can upload the HART configuration of up to 20 HART devices in your plant and output data in either .csv or .txt format
- Data-logged mA loop measurements and HART data can be recorded from a particular transmitter for troubleshooting and loop tuning. The data log feature offers selectable capture with recording intervals of 1 to 6 seconds and a logging capacity of 4910 records or 99 individual sessions. Each record contains the mA measurement and all four process variables.